Job title: Energy Trading Assistant Specialist & Power SchedulerLocation: Tirana/Albania
Company: Ayen Energy Trading
The role of scheduler or trading assistant specialist exists to provide the interface between the short term power traders and Grid Operators and to be part of power trading.
• Research articles on structural developments in the European energy markets, collect economic, fundamental and financial information specific to a commodity market, conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information
• Run operational and management reports
• Provide technical and historical background information to trading department successfully respond to regulatory requests to modify or
• Investigation and resolution of all trading’s technical information queries
• To be part of short term physical electricity position in European markets.
• Act as the interface between Ayen Trading and the European Grid Operators for;
• The submission of bids for the purchase of transmission capacity.
• The nomination of positions within countries with our trading counterparts.
• The nomination of border flows to the respective Grids.
• Ensuring that the positions displayed in our bespoke scheduling systems reflect the reality of the trading desks’ activity on the market in terms of trades being captured and transmissions scheduled per nominated physical flows.
• Understand the requirements of each Grid Operator in terms of nomination file format and deadlines for the various nomination types.
• React quickly to information from Grid Operators to avoid or minimise the impact of costly “imbalances”.
• Previous scheduling role or;
• Candidates from a commodity/energy background in a contract admin/settlements role but with the ability to learn
• An understanding of the electricity transmission system and the interconnections between the various European grids will be plus for evaluation.
• Knowledge of at least one European Language desirable. Candidate who can speak Greek will have advantage for evaluation.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, or engineering
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand, isolate and resolve issues
• Ability to cope and respond quickly in a high pressure and high stress environment and role.
• Ability to function effectively and accurately under time constraints.
• Decisive and able to use own initiative in dealing with operational problems
• Disciplined and able to work under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational and numeric skills
• Tactful when communicating with external companies
• Good team spirit
Hours of work: 8 AM to 5 PM + flexible working hours will be required
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org