DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a Financial Officer to support the team in Albania (4 persons + 2 external partners) and oversee the budget, accounting, taxes and support the team with administration and logistics support. The Finance Officer will be under the operational supervision of the CSSP Country Representative/Programme Manager (finance administration in general, online banking, legal and fiscal matters, support to activities) and under the technical supervision of the Berlin Head of Finance (communication, controlling and management of bookkeeping, invoices, financial reporting).
The Finance Officer is the key person of the programme team to manage all payments, instalments from Berlin, accounting, tax reporting, cash flow management and administrative procedures. The position is full-time with 40 working hours per week starting from 01 February 2022 for the duration of 12 months with the possibility of extension up to another two years. Further tenure may be extended subject to a potential continuation of the programme. The salary reflects a Finance Officer position within an international non-governmental organisation in Albania.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Administration of finances and bookkeeping for all project-related expenditure in Albania using CSSP’s Excel-based systems,
- Control of cash flow and support to the Programme Manager in financial planning,
- Control of adherence to donor (Austrian Development Agency) and CSSP policies and regulations and ability to control all expenditure based on these,
- Preparation of financial reporting and re-allocation requests for the donor,
- Preparation and filing of tax declarations and reports to the Albanian authorities,
- Support of CSSPs Head of Finance for end of year budgeting, tax and other reporting,
- Support of project activities, including administrative and logistical assignments, such as: booking training venues, coordinating transport, booking hotels, arranging meals & refreshments, booking flights, equipment, translations, and others, buying material for activities and office supplies.
- Finance management and accounting experience in Albania (minimum 3 years), experience in dealing with international funding,
- Mother tongue Albanian and fluency in English (written and verbal, for meetings, correspondence, and reporting),
- Thorough knowledge of local tax report requirements for CSSP branch in Albania (organisational taxes, personnel related payments and legal requirements),
- Thorough knowledge on the new fiscal invoice system (selfcare),
- Experience in working in a diverse team and independently, Working under the supervision of the team leader,
- Very good social and communication competencies,
- Experience (min 3 years) with online banking and payment in a business setting,
- Knowledge of the National Accounting Standards for NGO-s and ability to prepare financial statements Readiness to work overtime when needed (with equivalent time compensation).
Additional advantage / preferably
- Experience in working in a civil society organisation and experience in working with partner organisations and/or in consortiums of organisations,
- Ability to translate between Albanian and English (e.g. in meetings, texts) for internal purposes,
- Driving license and readiness to drive in the context of the project (with compensation),
- Availability within short time-frame (1-4 weeks).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to substantially support the mediation system in Albania and the implementation of the new law on mediation,
- Good working conditions based near Tirana District Court,
- Support from and learning opportunities with experienced and motivated national and international colleagues from CSSP, NCM and AFCR, also from mediation experts from the region and Berlin,
- Administrative and management support from the CSSP office Berlin,
- Space for professional development and active contribution within the programme and the organisations,
- Family-friendly and flexible work conditions, attractive salary package including CSSP’s private top-up health care, 12 months contract with the possibility of extension for two other years.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your application in English and PDF format, including:
a) a cover letter,
b) CV and
c) two references,
to: Christoph Lüttmann email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
After a first round of interviews, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a second interview.
Many thanks for your interest and the time invested in your application.