UNYT is an accredited multi-ethnic, private university in Tirana, Albania, delivering American degrees, established since 2002. It strives to provide an intelligence, knowledge, skills and technology-intensive University Education that shifts efforts, intellectual assets and resources from a local to a global environment through participating and inter active learning in small classes. UNYT is an equal opportunity employer. We are accepting applications to fill the vacancy in administrative position: Finance Senior Specialist
The Finance Senior Specialist has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of the University’s finances including payroll, accounting, financial reporting and financial management. Working with staff from across all departments of UNYT, the Finance Senior Specialist will be expected to ensure accurate accounting and reporting for both internal and external purposes. Operation and monitoring of internal financial programs is also an important element of the role.
• Prepare different financial reports, on daily monthly, quarterly and annual basis, based on company needs and requirements of the Ministry of Education & Sports, Accreditation boards
• Presentation of financial results and insights to the Administrator of the university
• Draft UNYT yearly budget and monitor business expenses as per budget provision
• Prepare the Payroll including full time & part time personnel (preparing, payment according to the information send by top management & HR)
• Oversee all transactions, banking activities and processing system
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Expenses, Procurements
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
• Responsible for the petty cash, reporting, payment of suppliers and other obligations, allowing for smooth business operation.
• Daily actions with banks, invoices, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
• At least two years of proven work experience in Finance positions or similar role. Previous experience in higher or secondary education institutions is highly preferable
• In-depth understanding of financial and accounting principles cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping. Hands-on experience with budgeting
• Proficiency in accounting software, Finance 5; Advanced MS Excel skills
• Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collegially with students, faculty, administrators, colleagues and outside parties required.
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Fluency in English language.
For more information we invite all interested candidates to visit our website www.unyt.edu.al (job vacancies section)
Applicants need to demonstrate ability to strengthen the departmental and organization’s profile.
Cultural adaptability, the ability to collaborate well in a multi-ethnic environment and native-speaker level fluency in English are must qualities.
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to send by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org the following
1. A Letter of Application detailing key Qualifications for this position;
2. Current curriculum vitae;
3. Photocopies of credentials and transcripts;
4. And the names, titles, positions, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers of at least two professional references
ONLY complete applications will be considered; all documents must be sent in one message.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.