We have drafted entire project looking at our intervention with gender lenses. In order to further increase our potential impact, we are looking to hire a consultant for a gender analysis in the mediation sector and our project to provide comments and suggestions to our actions. The expert will offer support at the beginning of every year starting from January 15, 2022 and following at the begining of 2023 and 2024, to provide specific suggestions and comments on how to increase the gender perspective in all the activities to be implemented. In more details the Gender expert has to offer specific suggestions about all trainings having an additional gender equality focus through gender quotas for participants, mandatory gender equality components (consistent with EU GAP III 2021-2025) and mainstreaming of gender considerations across the specific training themes/topics).
As there is no gender-related data available on vulnerable groups and free legal aid, the gender expert has to carefully monitor the clients in a gender-sensitive approach. Depending on the ongoing monitoring, the support to mediation services will have a gender-specific component (e.g. in family-related disputed but also others). The expert has to guide and also provide assistance about the collected data during the national awareness campaign in support of mediation, with a special regard to the outreach of gender-sensitive. The expert will have to monitore the clients of the cases and in case of imbalance, the specific gender focussed approach will be added to the outreach. On a general view, the Gender experts will have to survey all over the project and in the different activities that the women have a direct access to those activities and are direct main beneficiaries.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of trainings about the empowerment of mediation related to Gender (including, but not limited to, gender equity and equality, vulnerable groups etc).
- Research on Gender-related policies and practice across mediation.
- Research on Gender-sensitive in mediation through the awareness campaign.
- Research on Masculinity aspects in the mediation field.
- Mapping and development of women’s networks, women-led initiatives (with focus women in mediation).
Education: An advanced university degree in Gender, Development Studies or related field and a minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of women’s rights; or A Bachelor’s degree with over 10 years of experience in the field of women’s rights.
- Prior experience in grant-making or the field of ending violence against women and in the United Nations System and/or non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- Knowledge of women’s rights and gender issues globally with a specific expertise on violence against women and girls programming.
- Knowledge of women’s organizations and governmental agencies working on women’s rights and violence against women around the world;
- Understanding of grant giving processes, programme cycle and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
Language: Excellent written and spoken fluency in English and Albanian is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity for an active contribution to the field of gender equality and empowerment of women and girls.
- Possibility to network and cooperate with other international and national professionals, political actors and professionals working on governance and conflict transformation.
- An already established presence and office in the country.
- Good working conditions based on German standards in the vibrant city Tirana,
To apply, please send your application in English and PDF format, including:
a) a cover letter,
b) a CV and two references, to: Christoph Lüttmann email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
After a first round of interviews, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a second interview.
Many thanks for your interest and the time invested in your application.
Experience8 Years +