Megatek S.A., the biggest Do-IT-Yourself wholesale and retail hypermarket in Albania, is currently looking for a potential candidate for the position of:
Network Specialist (IT Operations) Responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s internal network infrastructure, servers (incl. e-mail), telephony and network security systems, on-site and remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as company-wide backups.
- Daily security monitoring to identify any possible security breach.
- Firewall administration and overall responsibility for company’s IT security.
- Configuration and set-up of all new server systems required internally for new activities.
- Administration and maintenance of the IP telephony system.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- New hire administration: create user in domain w/ e-mail and all hardware and telephony equipment required.
- Assists in asset management and inventory, also in ordering of hardware/software equipment process.
- Communicates/escalates all unsolved issues to the direct manager and work together on problem solving.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Master level degree in related IT field, is required.
- Microsoft Certification in the related field & VMware Certification will be a plus.
Experience: At least 5-year experience in relevant position in a company with no less than 50 users.
- Strong working knowledge in administering, maintaining and expanding IT infrastructure using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and higher, Exchange Server 2007, VMware ESX platform, Microsoft SQL 2005 and higher, Symantec Backup solution, CISCO networking, CISCO IP Telephony system, Checkpoint firewall, Linux and McAfee AVS system.
- Communication skills and team spirit is required to achieve department goals.
- Eager to learn new technologies and excel in career.
- Complex problem solving.
Languages: Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Application Procedure: To apply, please forward the following documents:
1. Detailed CV
2. Letter of Interest, to this email address: email@example.com