We are looking for a Mediation Center Coordinator Tirana and Project Assistant, being part of the programme team in Albania. The profile will have a double hat: with the hat of the Mediation Center Coordinator, she/he will contribute to the development of the procedures with the support of the programme team, to manage the Mediation Center and establish proficient relationships with the judicial authorities, potential clients of mediation and mediators, with the additional aim to increase the number of cases referred to mediation. In order to achieve that, the Center needs to become a hub and create a dynamic of cooperation among licensed mediators as service providers, the institutions which refer cases (judicial, police, social workers, public and private actors) and the clients.
With the hat of the Project Assistant s/he will have to assist the Program Manager/Country Representative and Project Coordinator in all administrative and operational aspects of the implementation of the project activities. The Mediation Center Coordinator Tirana and Project Assistant will work under the operational supervision of the Program Manager/Country Representative and CSSP Project Coordinator, in close cooperation with the Finance Coordinator and with the Partners of the Project, NCM and AFCR. The position is a full-time position with 40 hours per week starting from 01.02.2022, for the duration of 12 months (first three are probation period) with the possibility of extension for other two years. The salary reflects the standard position within an international non-governmental organisation in Albania.
- Working under direct supervision of Program Manager/Country Representative and in coordination with the CSSP Project Coordinator, he/she will be responsible for: Managing the Mediation Center, which will serve as the venue for mediating cases (out-of-court and court-referred cases);
- Coordinating closely and pro-actively with relevant courts and judges, prosecutors and other institutions that could refer cases to mediation;
- Maintaining all necessary data for the management and administration of cases;
- Administrating finances of the office and compensations for mediated cases;
- Working closely with NCM/AFCR to ensure that the Center is fulfilling the objectives of the program;
- Supporting the overall development of the program activities and other activities as required from the project;
- Contacting pro-actively all persons and institutions that might have an interest in mediation;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of activities outside the Center, e.g. workshops, capacity building, outreach activities;
- Serve as focal point and connector for all interested parties;
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator on the organisation, supervision and implementation of project activities;
- Provide technical support to Program Manager/Country Representative in administrative and organisational tasks;
- Provide support to the Program Manager/Country Representative to complete and submit narrative reports to donors within assigned deadlines;
- Assist with organisation of meetings, trainings and conferences;
- Assisting with all administrative and logistical tasks as required;
- Build positive relations with partners and relevant local actors with regards to the implementation of the projects and development of new projects;
- Carry out administrative tasks as required, such as the production of reports and policy briefs, in collaboration with other staff of CSSP Tirana.
- University Diploma (Bachelor +Master), preferably with expertise in legal context;
- Good knowledge and understanding of mediation and the mediation system in Albania;
- Mother tongue Albanian and fluency in English (written and verbal, for meetings, correspondence and reporting),
- Minimum of two years’ experience in assisting in project and/or office,
- Experience in project/office administration and database management (excel or other programs);
- Experience in working in a diverse team, pro-active and independent, under the supervision and support of the team leader,
- Very good interpersonal, trust-building and networking skills.
- Proactivity, positivity and curiosity.
- Readiness to work overtime when needed (with equivalent time compensation),
Additional advantage / preferably
- Mediation Licence.,
- Experience in working in a civil society organisation and with partner organisations and/or in consortiums of organisations,
- Experience in working with courts, judges and other judicial institutions,
- Ability to translate between Albanian and English (e.g. in meetings, texts) for internal purposes,
- Driving license and readiness to drive in the context of the project (with compensation).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to substantially support the mediation system in Albania and the implementation of the law and sub-legal acts on mediation,
- Support from and learning opportunities with an experienced and motivated national team of international colleagues from CSSP, NCM and AFCR.
- Space for professional development and active contribution within the program and the organisations,
- Family-friendly and flexible work conditions, attractive salary package including CSSP’s private top-up health care,
- 12 months contract with the possibility of extension until the programme ends.
- Potential to create a continued position beyond the programme, depending on outcomes and funding and/or sustainability opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your application in English and PDF format, including:
a) a cover letter,
b) CV and c) two references, to: Christoph Lüttmann email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
After a first round of interviews, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a second interview.
Many thanks for your interest and the time invested in your application.