The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week)Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
One of 150 guards performing guard services at the Embassy of safeguard U.S. Government property and personnel. Incumbent:
1. Performs guard duties on a rotating basis at the various guard post located at the Embassy Compound and at the Rilindja Ridge Housing Compound, and other posts as directed.
2. Controls access to buildings or grounds insuring that only authorized personnel enter. Maintains a log of all visitors including license number of vehicles, and of all unusual occurrences or activity during shift. Searches allvisitors, their packages, and vehicles before entry, except for VIP’s indicated by the Regional Security Officer, DCM, or Ambassador.
3. Maintains order in waiting lines of applicants for visa or consular services and controls access to waiting rooms for these services.
4. Patrols Embassy Compound and Housing Compound to prevent thefts, sabotage, or disturbances, and protects government property from fire and damage.
5. Reports any suspicious activity/persons to the Senior Guard and/or Guard Supervisor.
6. May perform other duties as requested by the chain of command, including operating explosive detection equipment and providing guard services at VIP events.
7. Properly uses security screening equipment such as x-ray, itemize, radios, and metal detectors.
8. Clearly communicates with embassy staff and visitors using required language abilities.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EDUCATION: Completion of Secondary School is required.
For all the information and application details, create an account and apply here: